About Fairway Ford Sales Ltd.
The History of Owners
Fairway Ford, formerly called J.R Friesen & Sons, opened its doors in 1914 making it one of the oldest Ford dealerships in Western Canada. J.R Friesen proudly owned the dealership until he passed away in 1950, when his son EJ Friesen took over the family business. EJ owned the company for 22 years and sold it in 1972 to Elvin Fast, Art Berg, Alvin Reimer & Jake Ketler.
Within the next 10 years the dealership had changed owners twice as it was briefly owned by Peter Friesen and then in 1982 was sold to Floyd Hiebert, who partnered with Ike Kroeker, Ken Reimer and Dave Hiebert.It was in 1983 that the name was changed from J.R Friesen & Sons to Fairway Ford. Changing hands yet again in1992, the dealership was sold to Helmut Pankratz, who owned it only 3 years before selling it in 1995 to Bob Banman and Ron Loeppky.
Ron Loeppky took sole ownership in 1996 and still owns the dealership today.